Sirup is a magazine and blog layout for WordPress 2.5 and above. It has a fixed width, is valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional, supports Gravatars and Sidebar Widgets. You can customize the appearance of your site with an options page (that means you don’t have to edit PHP files).
- Choose between magazine and blog layout
- Set which categories to appear on frontpage
- Amount of comments / posts / tags to show underneath
- Choose to have a lead story or not
- Set a default width for thumbnails
- Change fonts, sizes etc.
All features are explained in detail in Sirup’s FAQ. (Read the FAQ, it’s a manual on how to create lead stories, how to find the right category IDs, how to insert thumbnails etc.)
As noted before, Sirup is valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional. I’ve tested it in Firefox 3 (perfect), Opera 9 (perfect) and Internet Explorer 6 + 7 (almost perfect, maybe some unremarkable margin issues. No reason to not use this theme.)
1. Upload the folder “Sirup” to /wp-content/themes/ to get a new folder /wp-content/themes/Sirup/
2. Go to your WordPress administration panel, click the Design tab and choose “Sirup” as your new theme.
3. Go to Sirup’s options page and start customizing.
If you see an almost blank screen in your preview, don’t worry, it will disappear when you activate the theme. (Sorry about that, but the options page only returns values when Sirup is activated.)
If you have questions about Sirup AFTER you read the FAQ, post them here: http://wordpress.org/tags/sirup
The comment thread on this page is not a support forum!
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 — You are allowed to use this WordPress theme on commercial and of course non-commercial weblogs. You can remix and create themes based on Sirup. However, you’re not allowed to remove the link to 1000ff.de provided in the footer. Good work needs to be credited. :)
v0.9 – Just an internal release, needed a working demo
v1.0 – Fixed pagination, validation, query_posts issue
v1.0.1 – Typos corrected on options page (well, it’s still a foreign language :))
v1.0.2 – Corrected a line-height issue with headings
Please read this comment if you have problems with pagination.